Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The beginnings...

When you catch the director's attention with a one-liner and you are the first one to wish him "Merry Christmas", things are looking great for you when you join the MOGH family.

But, when Serge dropped the bomb that he was getting promoted and transfered to Shanghai, i felt nervous. Why? I already had a rapport with him and now he is leaving. Although we're still under the same umbrella, but we are not on the same team. I will get a chance to see him thoughm before he takes off in mid-jan.

Then the thought hit me...He is going to be my one personal contact to MOGH in Shanghai from now. Reading "Never Eat Alone" I have sure learned a whole lot about how impt it is to have higher contacts. Besides, Serge is a great guy. He could have rejected my request for a phone interview but instead he passed me on to the HR Director after our interview. Thank you Serge!

Nervous still? You bet!
Excited? Right on!
Ready? More or less..

From the email Serge sent me, It sure sounds like the team is looking forward for me to lighten their work load. And oh boy! What a time to join in...with CNY round the corner, you can be sure that there will be tons to do!

5 Comments:

At December 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey jie wats goin on? well figured out how to work ur comments.. :) well lookin forward to seein u. laters. nice blog btw.

 
At December 22, 2005, Blogger lightoftheworld said...

When r u leaving? What type of job will u be doing???

 
At December 23, 2005, Blogger Avery said...

Hotel line. F&B Administrator. The F&B Director's right hand.

I leave on the 30th Dec.

:)

 
At December 23, 2005, Blogger eL said...

Hotel kid? Yeah, that makes sense. But appleholic?! Eh i've asked this three times liao eh still no explainationg? Nevermind, I grill you tonight. Hah.

 
At December 23, 2005, Blogger eL said...

yeah i can't spell because i've done enough layout and read/edited enough stories to last me a life tiem. argh sleepy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home