Saturday, January 28, 2006

It was a long awaited meal. 6 years. Too long have i gone without the festive moods of chinese new year. This year, the feast is on!!

This year's dinner is once again held in my humble abode and i must say, there is no better food than HOME COOKED FOOD!

The star of the show is as usual my granny. She's about 92 this year and still going on strong. Only thing is, she is battling memory problems. But she remembers me. When i visited her after my return, she looked at me and was silent. My aunts were around and for a moment they were afraid that she did not remember me and asked my granny if she remembers me. My granny said with tears in her eyes: " It's Boh-Leng..." (yeah, that's what my relatives call me in Hainanese)

Menu for dinner:-

Yu Sheng
Suckling Piglet
Roast Pork
Roast Duck
Roast Chicken
Stir-fry Prawn Noodles
Vegetable Curry (Lontong)
Hainanese Beef Stew
Spring Rolls
Garlic Prawns
Scallops & Abalone
Nasi Kunning (Yellow/Tumeric Rice)
Fish Maw Soup
A couple bottles of red & white wine (Courtesy of my Cousin & Dad)

Wow! What a spread! I actually didn't eat a lot but by the time i DID eat, i was rather past the hunger point. My dad kept asking me to bring me this & that...hah! And he kept calling me "Captain"...as if we were all in a restaurant and i was the captain of the restaurant. But i think he enjoyed himself with the wine and food.

Here's some pictures of the food that i shot...



So now it is 10:30pm...not too long before the year of the Dog is ushered in. *Grins* Can't wait to get my hands on the red packets!! I already got one today from an aunt.

Speaking of money, i had a whole wad of $$$ that dropped into the toilet bowl today. Yeah, that sucked. But somehow, Singapore dollars seems to be a little better water proof than US bills. i kinda washed it off and lay it on my room railing to dry.

The restaurant was uber busy today. Wow. I got my feet scalded a couple times from the hot tea, my wrist is kinda throbbing from opening the heavy kitchen door while balancing the trays. And i started to feel hot from dashing around from table to tabel and to & fro the kitchen.

Am gonna go wind down for the night now and get ready for a long day tmw.
*rubs hands in glee with anticipation to receive red packets*
*winks, winks*

Good night everybody & Gong Xi Fa Cai!

7 Comments:

At February 01, 2006, Blogger eL said...

that pig looks gross.

 
At February 01, 2006, Blogger eL said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At February 03, 2006, Blogger eL said...

I want pho.

 
At February 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well wats goin on jie? u really need to update ur blog! looks like u had an amazing chinese new year! talk to you later.

 
At February 15, 2006, Blogger eL said...

Sings "miiiiia mia mia miaaaaa miaaaaa..."

 
At February 23, 2006, Blogger Fishie said...

FOOD!!!! ahhhh.... Singapore!!! Chinese New year!!!! screamzzz.... Miss ya :(

 
At February 28, 2006, Blogger enai said...

EH!!! =) I finally found your new blog. so crazy... i wondered where you went!! anyway... How are you? I can drive! =) Heh... you'll be so proud of me. take care yah? elaine says you very busy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home